Do you have to do Sleep Training? No, not at all. Everyones goal should be to set up sleep success from the start. This way your little one creates healthy sleep habits on their own and gradually sleeps through the night around 3 months. You’re the parent, and you know what is best for your family. Don’t ever feel pressured into doing a certain sleep training or method you are not comfortable with. Every family has different needs, and that is why each sleep training is catered to your families individual needs.
Is your baby meeting the markers to start Sleep Training?
Every agency and doctor has different recommendations for Sleep Training ages. Please do your research and start when you are comfortable with the age requirements. Some recommendations start at 3 weeks, we start at 3 months (meeting other requirements, to be continued), and some start at 6 months of age. There is no right or wrong answer. It’s what your family agrees on and feels comfortable with.
Weighing 10-12 pounds. 10-12 pounds shows us a healthy weight for them to do 10-12 hours stretches.
Eating 25-32 ounces in the daytime. If your little one is really close to 25 ounces, we can add in a dream feed to help them get the required ounces in the day time.
Now the Tips
I know you’re busy so lets get right to it.
- You need a dark room. Black out curtains, cover the camera light, light from the hallway peeking through, it all triggers their little brains when they wake up.
- White noise on a healthy level, no higher than 60 DB. You can download an app to confirm it is at a safe level. White noise machines are not monitored safely by the creators. They can go up to levels of 120DB. This recreates the womb noise and can help keep outside noise from disturbing them .
- Cluster feed before bedtime. Fill those little tummies up to help give them long stretches.
- Bedtime routine of 7-8 things every night, at the same time.
Still need help?
We have Sleep Trainers for an in home visit, in home care (3 night minimum), or video training for you and your spouse. If your baby isn’t quite ready yet, or you just need rest, we have Night Nannies. Check out our options below:
Package Option One
We provide you with a Sleep Training specialist/night nanny that will come to your home and train your infant(s)to sleep through the night.
- Nanny will assess the nursery, make any needed changes.
- Go over a bedtime routine with family.
- Educate on areas that need adjusting.
- Nanny will provide a daytime schedule.
- Nanny will train your baby to sleep through the night, while you sleep.
- 8 hours minimum
- 3 night minimum
- $100 Application fee
- Single baby $40 hourly
- Twins $45 hourly
Package Option Two
Sleep Training Specialist will make a one time visit to your home, assess nursery and environment. Sleep Training Specialist will provide a daytime schedule.
- Sleep Training Specialist will go over things in the nursery that are improving sleep and stimulating alertness.
- Sleep Training Specialist will educate the family on the process.
- Sleep Training Specialist will evaluate bedtime routine and tweak as necessary.
- Sleep Training Specialist will go over the sleep training process, answer any questions.
- Sleep Training Specialist will be your guide for 30 days. Unlimited questions, texts, calls or emails day or night.
- A one time fee of $500
Let us help via Skype or FaceTime – $400
Companies that provide overnight care and sleep training for their employees will receive:
- Two nights (8 hours each) of overnight care. Our nannies will care for your newborn(s) while you sleep.
- Diaper changes
- Baby Laundry
- Soothing baby
- Cleaning and sterilizing bottles/ breast pump
Tending to anything your baby needs so you and your family can catch up on some much needed sleep.
When baby has reached 3-4 months or 10-12 pound our nannies will provide two nights (8 hours each) of sleep training and teach you, the parents how to continue on with sleep training so your baby will be sleeping through the night in a few days.
- 30 days unlimited guidance, via text, call, email, Skype or FaceTime, day or night.
- $996 Night Nanny and Sleep Training Corporate Package.
If family needs a night nanny or sleep training specialist for more than the 32 hours provided by the company, individual days can be purchased by the family.
Night Owl Nanny Care Team