Five Benefits of Hiring a Doula
Almost everyone experiences daily struggles, you add COVID 19 and the pressure of having a baby, these unprecedented times can be extremely overwhelming.
However, it shouldn’t be. Having a baby is one of the most beautiful times in one’s life: from finding out that you’re pregnant to finally meeting your child. Night Owl Nanny Care is here to help you, so you can relax knowing you’re not alone in this journey.
Considering hiring a doula to help through the process? Check out the benefits below on how doula services will benefit you:
- You’ll have an advocate: your voice is important because it is your body and your baby. It may be difficult for a first-time parent or someone with a difficult delivery in the past to speak up during their labor. Doulas are there to remind you that you do have a voice, that this is your delivery, and that you are allowed to ask questions. We do not ask questions for our clients, but we will be there to give you the confidence to ask the questions you need.
- We offer continuous support: while medical professionals will be in and out of your delivery room, your doula will be by your side the entire time. Your doula will be there during your labor continuously there to support you until you deliver your baby. You can relax knowing, “Having my doula near me will support me during this overwhelming time.”
- Physically support: doulas are trained to help physically support you and alleviate some pain during labor. Physical support does not just mean comfort techniques – but also different positions to help your labor progress. There are a variety of positions that can help move your baby down or help you dilate further.
- Emotional support: during labor there is an absorbent amount of emotions that both the laboring person and their partner will go through. It is the responsibility of your doula to help keep you calm. There are so many moving parts during labor, which can feel extremely overwhelming. Your doula can change the environment with dim lighting or background music, which can make all the difference while laboring.
- A positive birth outcome: there have been multiple studies proving the positive outcomes with a doula at your birth. You will feel heard, educated, and supported throughout your entire pregnancy and labor. With a doula, you will feel empowered and advocated to have the birth outcome that you deserve.
After reading about these benefits you may still be wondering if a doula is right for you. Night Owl Nanny Care is here to help offering a full suite of different doula services. We offer Birth Doulas, Postpartum Doulas, and Newborn Care Specialist, which will all support you overnight when baby comes home. Contact us today to learn more about how to ease the pressures of having a baby and how to really enjoy this beautiful time in your life.
Serving all of The United States including Hawaii.